Ep117 …and Sixty

Laura swatching for Grenadine out of Miss Babs Yowza on size 7 needles. She is also knitting on Piper’s Journey out of Tempted Luxe Grrl in the Storm Front colorway on size 6 needles.  She is also knitting some basic striping socks out of Twisted Limone on size 1.5 needles.  Cria is done being knit and just needs buttons, ends woven in, some crochet work ala Leslie, and blocked.

Leslie is knitting on some striping socks on size 1 needles out of lollipop in the “It’s five O’clock somewhere” colorway.  She is knitting a Cardi Shrug out of Tempted Luxe Grrl in the Afterglow colorway on size 6 needles.  She is designing a GIANT blanket using 3 strands of Lion Brand Woolease Thick and Quick and size 50 needles.  It will be knit into 3 panels and then seamed together.  She is crocheting a log cabin style blanket out of Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice yarns.

Leslie has finished Catkin using some Sundara and Marigold Jen yarn.  She has also finished  Piper’s Journey out of Tempted Luxe Grrl in the  Afterglow colorway.  She knit a Chrysanthemum frutescens hat by Hunter Hammersen (did you see she has a new book coming out?  I may have already pre-ordered it) out of Another Crafty Girl Simple DK.

Laura has spun up 240 yards of Dino Park in BFL from Cloudlover.  She is currently spinning a lovely batt in the Bird Girl colorway out of Falkland wool from Into the Whirled.  She is also spinning up BFL in the Knitabulls Franklin colorway from Gnome Acres.

Leslie is spinning Huckleberry Knits .  She is spindle spinning on her Deerfield Creations supported spindle a batt from the Gossamer Web.  She has finished spinning some Hobbledehoy.

Magazine Review: Knitscene Fall 2012

Craftsy and specifically the free. “Know Your Wool” class.

LynnZimm’s Make A Wish Fundraiser and the My Hope KAL in the LaLa’s Knits Group.

Woolgatherings

Tangerine Designs

Enchanted Knoll

SSK Vendors can all be found linked here

Coupon Codes:

10% off with the code: theknitgirllls10 at ZigZag Stitches

10 Responses to Ep117 …and Sixty

1. MSkiKnits says:

I LOVE my time watching you two! Ever thing of doing…I dunno…a huge party knit together thing where people from all over can come, take a few classes and even meet you all n real life? I know…it is a crazy idea… I’d settle for a daily podcast!

2. southparknitter says:

y’all are sweet too!

3. Stephanie Gordon says:

Love the podcast! Yours is the first video podcast I watched and I look forward to it each week. Thank you! Also, huge thanks to Leslie for helping Melissa fron Singlehandedknits with her podcast. Thank you for helping the knitting community to be even a more connected, friendly place!

4. Kirsty says:

I love watching and knitting along with you two. The sound of Mr Awesome hammering in the background reminded me of listening to my babies heartbeats many moons ago, now my babies are chronologically, adult. Hmmm

5. mono says:

I actually think that buttoned poncho-thingy looked great on you, Leslie! It looks cute! And gorgeous colors on you, too! So try to wear it a little now and then – maybe it will feel better for you in a while? =)

I LOVE all the stuff you guys show us every week, too! =)

Best wishes, Mona mono

6. Eileen says:

Okay, maybe I am having an off day, but I can’t find the fundraiser for My Hope. Is there a link somewhere that I missed? I wanted to purchase Laura’s beautiful shawl pattern, but mostly I wanted to say a big thank you for all of the inspiration you two shower on all of us. I love, love love the podcasts and think you two are the best.

7. Christina says:

I’ve missed you guys. I’m not done watching, but classic line so far that made me laugh out loud – in regards to the swatch: “I haven’t washed it or blocked it or carried it around and called it George yet!” :)

8. Rebecca says:

I have just discovered your pod casts and I enjoy them so much that I’m going back to the beginning and watching them all. You two crack me up! Thanks for all the work you do getting them out there.

9. Just found your blog and am really enjoying it. My daughter and I love the green shirt with the rainbows and unicorns. Where did you get it? sorry I know random.

10. Kristi says:

I’m gonna be at Stitches, too! Woohoo!!!! I hope to see you at Stitches so I can totally fan-girl-geek-out on you! Yay!