Episode 104 – Nobody Likes the Gusset

Laura is knitting on the Lost Banner Hat by Susan B. Anderson on size 7 needles and using Twisted Fiber Arts handspun.  She is also working on some random old UFO socks out of Opal Rainforest.

Leslie  is  knitting on an Evenstar out of Tempted Yarn. She got some beads for it from here .  If you would like to knit Evenstar as well, Susan Pandorf is offering a $2 discount if you use the code: theknitgirllls on Ravelry.  Leslie is also knitting a pair on Georgia on my Mind socks (pattern coming soon) out of Barking Dogs Yarns in her Opposites Attract base.  The colorway is Antony and Cleopatra.

Laura has finished  pair of Simple Skyp socks out of Socks that Rock Medium Weight in Sugarplum on size 2 (2.75mm) needles. She has also finished Chester the Bashful Bunny out of some deep stash Encore and size 4 needles.  She reveals the secret that she designed the final Fibernymph Dye Works Knitter’s Choice Club pattern and it was Into the Cool Air.

Laura is wearing an old headband, Dream Swatch Head Wrap by Wendy Bernard out of a bamboo yarn.

Laura is spinning  Unwind Yarn Company fiber in the Morning Sky colorway. Laura used Spin Art by Jacey Boggs to play around with autowraps around a core yarn spun out of Moonwood Farm’s Big Ass Kicking Batt.  She has also been playing with some supported spindling on her new spindle from Deercreek Creations.

Leslie has spun  Loop batt in the Ocean Breeze Colorway (372 yards).

Our SAL on Masham has started!

There is a kal on LaLa’s Simple Shawl going on in the LaLa’s Knits group.

2 year prize giveway has started in the Ravelry Group (look for the prize thread)

Leslie got her Fibernymph Dye Works Consolation kit.

Thank you everyone for all the Birthday wishes and gifts! Including a wonderful Inglenook batt from Marian1 and a skein of yarn from Sarah of Another Crafty Girl.

Leslie shows off her Loop Batt club batt.

WC Mercantile

Coupon Codes:

Sunvalley Fibers 15% with the code theknitgirllls15

Desert Vista Dyeworks 20% off with the code theknitgirllls

27 Responses to Episode 104 – Nobody Likes the Gusset

1. Lisa Stephan says:

Congrats on your podcast anniversary. I love watching and get a lot of inspiration from you.

2. CONGRATS!!
    I remember when I first started watching you guys! There are so many patterns that I start because of you!

3. Sigrun Joh. says:

Happy 2 years anniversary. I found you through Frida’s blog (Frida at Fridays Studio) and I must say I love your podcast. I find myself waiting for the next 🙂 But as I am quite new here I have still not purchased anything I have seen on your podcast but I think it wont be long 🙂

4. Ruth Colville says:

Thanks, again, for another great podcast that truly celebrates knitting and spinning…and also the March 30th birthday celebration that Laura and I share! What fun to celebrate all month with you! I look forward to checking each Monday for the new episode. I now have HiyaHiya needles, project bags, yarn, patterns, and more!

5. Tracie Barrett says:

Congradulations on 2 yrs wow !!! Great show as always wel since I haven’t watched for twoyrs but have been so stuck on the pod cast i will tell you when you did the review on the Signiture needes I had to go ahead and buy a pair and yes they are AWESOME! Thanks Leslie for lettingm e know how well woth the cost they were you were right yet again. LaLa I have to tell you you inspired me to knit a shwal for my sisters daughter Kristina for her wedding first time doing a shawl. Ohhh yes and Leslie and LaLa have to say Thank You because of you both I had finished my very first pair of socks and now ready to start so many more thank you again for all you do teach and make us try or buy. Ohh one more thing I want to learn how to SPIN!!!!!! your yrans look so yummy.

• Tracie Barrett says:

Hey Girllls forgive me for my typing please I have a brain injury so at times I get words flipped around and sometimes for get to space and what have you. Thanks again for all you do Love ya GIRLLLS!

6. Renada says:

First off, congratulations on your second podiversary! I am such a fangirl, because as I was watching this weeks episode, I was knitting a sock from Lollipop yarn, which was in my Tangerine dreams project bag (nestled safely next to my owl needle sizer), and a package just arrived from anothercraft girl, more sock yarn. And that’s just today!

7. April Rahe says:

Congratulations on your two year podcast! You have motivated me to try multiple projects, but the best is socks. I had never tried them before, and self stripping has been a great and fun experience. I can see that this will be a life long love.
    Thanks,
    April

8. Valeria says:

Congratulations with the podcast anniversary 🙂 I always look forward to you both 🙂 it’s fun to see you teasing eachother a bit and do it in such a way that is loving still that’s just the magic of the podcast. Being such good friends that you can have fun at it as well. Thank you for all the inspiring into spinning. I’ve got back into spinning because of all the spun yarns you show. Am not able to buy such pretty bats and yarns but that’s ok 🙂

I just love watching and hearing you both and then knit at the same time, nothing difficult just simple knits because I’ve to look up often 😉

So a huge thank you to you both for doing the podcast/videocast and being who you are and doing so much. It just makes my day to just sit, take some time for myself, knit and have a hour of me time that is so meaningfull to me. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

9. Anna says:

Congratulations on your 2nd anniversary! I’ve been watching you for only 5-6 months, but I’m addicted! I just love listening to you guys. You are my virtual-knitting friends 🙂 You have motivated me to try new techniques for socks (like Afterthought heel, toe up) and trying different patterns. You have also motivated me to try some etsy shops 🙂
    And most of all, thanks to you I have discovered a whole new world of knitting: your books reviews, yarn & needles reviews… etc, and other podcasters. I hope there will be many more years with TheKnitGirllls! I’m looking forward to it.

10. Louise says:

Happy Podiversary!! Two years, wow! Thank you for all you do to encourage, and enable 🙂 !

Blessing!
    Louise

11. Marsha says:

Happy 2 years, girllls! I really love that you talk about both knitting and spinning. You both inspire me with your spinning, so thanks so much.

12. Richelle says:

Happy Anniversary. I’ve been watching since the beginning and love the podcast. My sock preference is top-down, magic loop and I LIKE gussets!

13. Happy Anniversary Girllls!! Thank you so very much for all the happy knitting company you provide! Wishing you all the best!

14. Heather says:

I’m SO excited that you guys are celebrating your 2 year anniversary during my birthday month! YAY!!!

I’ve been watching you guys for about a year now and I want to thank your for expanding my knitting horizons (and stash). You two are the best and I can’t wait to meet you at SSK!

15. Happy Podversary! I’ve been trying very hard to be on a yarn diet, but after seeing it on the podcast I knit 2 Hitchhiker shawls and I LOVE THEM!

16. Victoria says:

Congratulations on your 2nd anniversary.I have been watching for two year,so keep going.My favorite anableing is colorshiftyarn that gradient 8 skeins.

Victoria

17. Sue (craftyknitter7) says:

Happy Birthday and Happy 2nd anniversary for the show….

18. GerryART says:

Happy Second ! ! ! !
    Life hasn’t been the same ! ! !
    The two of you have inspired and motivated, therefore, Enhanced – my knitting life is GRAND ! ! !
    Thanks for taking us along this journey.
    hugs
    Gerry

19. Tracie Barrett says:

hey I forgot to say WTG Leslie on scoring the socks from LaLa. LOL the color is cool wonder how long you will have to wait to get them. Have a great week Girllls.

20. Carrie P. (PinkPennyDesigns) says:

Congrats on your Podiversary! I’ve been watching for a few months now and I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had to pause the podcast to go out and look up a yarn or pattern. I did end up purchasing several yarns and the Hitchhiker pattern after seeing Leslie making one. I’m trying my first afterthought heel (thank you Laura!) on my current sock project. And I’m thinking about buying a supported spindle after seeing how pretty yours are.

21. Kaity Melvin says:

But..but. I like the gusset!

22. Leslie (Scrapmonkey) says:

Congratulations on the podcast anniversary and a belated happy birthday to Laura! I am new to listening to your podcast (just subscribed about a week ago) and am really enjoying it. I have to say the Episode 103 turned me on to Barking Dog Yarns and OMG, I want to buy half their store especially those Opposites Attract colorways – thank you ladies (though our bank account will not thank you). I can’t wait to listen to more upcoming podcasts…

23. Sherri says:

Congratulations and thank you for two years of wonderful podcasts. I can’t wait for Sunday nights to see what you girls are up to. If I can’t stay up on Sunday night first thing Monday morning, get a cup of coffee and watch the Knit Girllls. Thank you so much!

24. Mippy says:

Congrats on 2 Years! 😀
    Laura, I looove your Skyp socks gorgeous 🙂 and love Chester tooo 🙂 Leslie, loove your Ocean Breeze 🙂

25. Helga/Q says:

twisted lemon, three ewes, tempted club, socks that rock, jessa lou project bags, and way more then I can think of- but my etsy shopping increased significantly after I discovered you guys! xxo