TheKnitGirllls Tutorial Series – Seven Spinning Shorties

We hope at least one of these seven videos is helpful to you!

30 Responses to TheKnitGirllls Tutorial Series – Seven Spinning Shorties

1. MimiD says:

Creating a 2 ply from leftover singles, very handy alternative to the Andean Plying wind-on. Perhaps the video would be better named “In case of bind-off emergency, break glass” ? Nice work y’all, happy holidays and safe travels.

2. Marsha says:

Wow – awesome!! I don’t know if I’m more intimidated now or what. Each task seems simpler, yet more complex than I expected. The spinning part seems easier and more achievable – it’s the plying part that scares the **** out of me! However, I still yearn to learn – thanks so much for the great tutorials!!

3. April says:

Thank you for these! 🙂 I learned a lot from them. 🙂

4. Ruth says:

Great videos, very clear and easy to learn from. Thank you!

5. EllenEmOHPea says:

These are so cool.. all in one place… and I can watch them over and over… and then again!!!!

Thanks… I really appreciate the work you guys put into this site and your group on Ravelry..

LMNOP

6. Karin says:

Nice videos. Question: Are both of you left handed? I just noticed when I spin/ply I use my hands opposite of yours. I’m right handed and I always use my right hand to control twist. Am I backwards?

7. Renee says:

Wow! Thank you so much! That is very helpful indeed. Love the blooper where the batt falls down. I like it when you laugh about the mistakes you make. That’s what makes watching your episodes so much fun. The overall pleasure you two show.

8. Luna says:

Excellent tutorials! I have wanted to learn to spin for so long, and I enviously watch your new creations every podcast, these tutorials are just the motivation I needed!

9. Bev Love says:

Tip: Once I complete a bump/braid I tape the end of my single to the top of the bobbin so I never lose the end. My singles tend to sit awhile before I get around to plying them, so securing them well keeps them from unspinning themselves.

10. Ann aka realmessy says:

Wow awesome tutorials on every topic. I had asked a while back for you guys to show us how you spin and ply and I knew at the time you would produce detailed and easy to understand methods and suggestions. You never fail to give us a quality product. Thanks so much for all of your tutorials.

Ann

11. Susan Hardy says:

Ok, you gone and done it now girls. I never thought I would say this but I want to learn to Spin. I just thought it was a tedious task to get a skein of yarn so I can knit something and now, I have been glued to watching you two spin, I want to have a go. Have been looking at prices of spinning wheels in the UK and my chin hit the floor so am going to have to find a course or something where I can practice first. Thanks a lot for the ‘how to’s’, I was glued to the monitor watching and forgot about my cuppa tea sitting next to me so now gotta go and make another one.

12. Carolyn says:

Great videos! Laura has been trying to get me to spin since we met and after watching these videos I am more eager to learn than ever.

My fav part was hearing Leslie say she would edit something out later, but we still hear it. Love it! It makes you two accessible. I also love the way the starting graphic becomes a ball…too cool!

13. Rhonda Cary says:

Great videos ladies!!! Thanks so much!!

14. Carolyn Robbin says:

What wonderful tutorials. Thanks ladies for taking the time to make these. You both make it look so easy. It’s nice to see you both working in Leslie’s fiber room! Take good care!

15. Leslie says:

Thanks for posting these, I have been intimidated by Navajo plying but will give it a go now!

16. Tbird0123 says:

crap, you people are going to get me to spin arent your? LOL :), good job seriously, this is a great demo for us intimidated by wheels and spinning in general

17. Angela in AR says:

LOL I Love hearing Leslie talk about “Kink” and yarn. (Creating a 2ply from a single) I have the SAME fantasies…bwahahah Thanks for the great videos.

xoxo
    Ang

18. folksmith says:

Thanks so much in doing those videos. It will be great to go back and look at them once I get back to spinning. It was really quite helpful. Thanks again!!!

19. Anneh says:

Wow, Navajo plying is _genius_! I thought for sure it would be waaaay more tricky than that. Thanks for showing it! Also, I love your socks.

20. Eleanor Cavin says:

Thanks for all of the spinning videos. Watching then explained a lot from the vodcasts. I am even more interested in learning to spin.
    Enjoy your Christmas break adventures.
    ec

21. Thank you SO MUCH for the Navajo plying tutorial. I’ve been so anxious to have my colors stay together so I’ll be doing this with the next bump I spin up hopefully this weekend. You’ve totally made my day!

22. Me again. Finally got to try this and it worked! I used a leftover single to practice. I need to pedal slower and loosen the tension on the wheel and make smaller loops I think. It was quite a tight twist when I was done so I had to untwisted a bit. It was fun though so I will try again with the next bump I do after the one I am doing now which is variegated anyway. Will try to do next one with distinct colors and see if I can get some stripey yarn. Thanks again 🙂

23. Pingback: Midnight BFL Handspun and what do do with extra singles | Knitters Rumble!

24. Pingback: Spin Me Some Shetland « The Ramblings of a Knitting Goddess

25. Mary nate says:

Thanks so much for these tutorials! Just got my first wheel…a ladybug a week ago. I just plied my first yarn thanks to your tutorial. You make it look so easy. Love the plying process.

26. Thumperina says:

Thanks so much for the videos! I feel much more confident to try Najavo plying which I have been wanting to try. You girls are awesome!!

27. Pingback: Colour Play 3: the zombie socks | The Cusser Knits

28. Nicole - theknitfarm on ravelry says:

Great tutorials ! Also awesome blopper at the end of spinning a batt. I am crackin up 🙂 I only spin on spindles but that happens to me too. As annoying as it is, its always kinda funny.

29. Pingback: Show Notes for Episode 10: Stitches be Trippin’ | Must Stash Podcast