We put together three tutorials for you guys and hope you find them useful!

16 Responses to Tutorial Series: Twisted German Cast On, Judy’s Magic Cast On, and Threading Beads with Superfloss

1. SwedishRose says:

Great videos, but I was more mesmerized by Lala’s pretty nails 😀

2. Enid Mary Shaw says:

I agree about the purple nails; such a nice colour. Don’t know that I will ever use any of those techniques, but the videos were definitely informative.
    xx

3. Holly says:

Wow! You ladies have improved my knitting life by geometric proportions with the beading and German twisted cast on tutorials! I used both in rapid succession and found your videos to be clear and concise. Beads especially are taking a quarter of the time I spent previously to attach. Thanks from the bottom of my knitterly heart!

4. Thumperina says:

Lala, Thanks so much for the Judy Cast on tutorial. You’ve made me a sock knitter again! Now off to go stash diving and find some pretty sock yarn.

5. Laura says:

Thank you for a wonderful tutorial – I’ve been knitting for 25 years and just learned the twisted German cast on tonight!

6. Cindy says:

Great tutorials. Your explanations were clear and the videos were good quality. I am ready to do a toe up sock, I think:)

7. Savannagal says:

Love your very clear and easy to follow tutorials. Too bad I can’t upload them to my iPod where I could review them as I’m knitting on the go.

8. Becky G says:

Loved your videos! Thanks. The German cast on is new to me, and i love it; plan to cast on some socks soon & will use this.
    I use the superfloss method for beading. Once i get into a rythym it goes fairly quickly. I weave the soft floss end through the holes in a sweet little button & this keeps my buttons from falling off the end; when I am finished knitting, i weave the stiffer end into the button & secure the beads that way. Has worked flawlessly so far. Thanks again for the great tutorials!

9. Great video, I love the purple nail varnish! I don’t know if I can find the same product here but I reckon I could use standard floss in a similar way if worst comes to worst. Thanks. 🙂

10. Pingback: FO: A KAL Involving (Too) Many Stitches and Some Beading « I Spy with My Idiosyncratic Eye …

11. linda says:

as i said, you gals are inspiring and have revived my sock knitting..thank you, thank you, thank you…

12. Pingback: Beaded Bind-off with Superfloss | Cpeezers at Home

13. Pingback: Béret Brynja – Fatal error 417 « Biroulegem

14. Michelle says:

Hi I love your tutorial on beading with Superfloss, thank you for making and sharing it. Have you noticed that sometime in 2013 P&G has started making the Superfloss 1 inch shorter? In the older Superfloss the stiff end (for beading) is 3 inches long and now it is only 2 inches long! I contacted Proctor and Gamble and they said that they were not aware of any spec changes but they would look into it, I never heard back from them.
    Thanks