Episode 56 – Name The Newbie

This week we draw names for the Week 3 winners, and tell you how to enter for week 4 prizes! We go through our standard segments and Laura reviews 60 Quick Baby Knits. In the Favorite Things segment we do a little enabling of some awesome products!

Laura is working on the Mitered Crosses Blanket out of Noro Silk Garden (colors 279, 252 and 87) and Cascade 220. They are knit on US size 6 needles (4mm).   I’ve also finished one of the Numma Numma socks (US 1/2.25mm) and am almost done with the second.  I have 4 increase points of the Gaenor out of Kitchen Sink Dyeworks in Luze Merino Fine in the Dexter colorway size 5 (3.75) needles done. I also started some plain stripey socks with an afterthought heel out of Three Ewes Twisted in Fiber in the Salt Water Taffy colorway on size 1 (2.25) needles.

Leslie is knitting on Hitchhiker out of Wollmeise in the Am Kalten Polor colorway.

Leslie has finished a Magrathea out of some Cloudlover handspun.

Both Laura and Leslie have finished their SAL/KAL fiber dyed by Tempted.

You can find the Harry Potter House Cup group here

Book Review: 60 Quick Baby Knits

We love Piddleloops!  Thank you so much Jen and Wendy!  You can find their wonderful bags here. You can read more about their charity bag drive here.

You can find the lovely knitting artwork here

Kitchen Sink Yarn Yarn club

Lovely package from Julie.  A great square that fits in with all the rest of my squares.  Thank you Julie!

Cutest measuring tapes ever

Kukubee Bags (they are on vacation, but will be back soon)

11 Responses to Episode 56 – Name The Newbie

1. Jadee says:

Thanks for another great episode! You are both such talented crafters 🙂

2. Papa Jim says:

What a cute dog! Since you will not name him Mr. Wiskers, my second choice is Stash.

3. Lise Gill says:

You both do such a great job with the podcast. It is such a pleasure to be a part of your fun with fiber..\
    Your new dog reminds me of our first pup we named Choco for chocolate..one of my favorite food groups..

4. Talithia says:

He looks like an American pitbull terrier mix. My favorite breed. Don’t let the media fool you they are great dogs. I like the name Titan. If he is a apbt he is going to be a great friend to your little boy. They are great with kids when raised with them.

Loved the custom art work, loved the show. Miss you guys!

6. Kristin says:

Leslie, your hair looks so pretty! And, your new baby puppy is adorable! 🙂

7. Jan says:

Hi, love the podcast. I’m trying to find the shownotes so I can go look at some of the products you mention. I’m sure the link or the website is right in front of my face – but I can’t see it. Help.

Thanks,
    Jan

8. Sue says:

Great episode and congrats to the winners! My suggestion for a puppy name is Charlie as in Charlie Brown since he’s such a pretty brown color. 🙂

9. Hi, ladies, and thank you so much for the lovely feature! Leslie, I’m so glad you’re happy with the illustration. It is definitely for sale in my etsy shop at juneatnoon.etsy.com. Thanks again, and happy knitting!

10. Helga/Q says:

just ordered my 1st piddly bag!
    went for the Happy Crabs- thanks for the suggestion…