Episode 32 – Happy Halloween!

We are decked out for Halloween! Along with the usual, Laura reviews a Lucy Neatby book and we show off some goodies we got this week. Shownotes to follow!

Laura is knitting on…

Spider Socks using the Flutter-By pattern and Yarn Pirate yarn in the Monster Mash colorway . 1 done!

Pogona out of Malabrigo Sock (I’m thinking the colorway is Persia) I got this to make to make Urbana

PigeonRoof Studios Welted Fingerless Gloves.

Leslie is knitting on…

Shipwreck Shawl

Stripy Sock out of Perfect Day Yarns

Spinning…

Leslie is done spinning the Thylacine fiber (70% BFL 30% Soy) into a worsted weight.

She is currently spinning fiber from CloudLover who is on both etsy and Big Cartel.

I am spinning some Lorna’s Laces and just got some new fiber from Frabjous Fibers.

Favorite Things

Lucy Neatby’s Cool Socks Warm Feet

RedScathach gave Leslie a prezzie.  Thank you! (Side Note: Her Mad with Power Ravatar is one of my favorites.)

Spring Wind Sock Pattern.   Thank y’all for all your support!  It really means a ton to me!

Stationary from Silhouette Blue Stationary

Dangercraft Ornaments!!!!!!!

Christmas Knitting (making a list, checking it twice) Matt is up next!

Let us know if you are coming to Arkansas Fiber Extravangza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Episode 32 – Happy Halloween!

1. Margaret (KeyMargo) says:

Loved it. Leslie – Great job on the costume sewing (at least from the chest up) :) Laura – you look good in makeup. Good info on the Neatby books. I’ll be looking them up.

How much do I love you for dressing up as Sarah from Labyrinth?! SO much!

I totally forgot you had that skein of Frog Legs! I still read the Russel the Sheep books to the kids that inspired me to do some froggy stripes. :) I LOVE how they are knitting up! I will say I felt your eyes piercing through the screen at me. hehe

Stripeys for Arkansas, woo! I’m hoping to get the majority of my Christmas stripes done at the festival!

3. Carin says:

You have no idea how hard it is to resist that Cloud Lover fiber and the Danger Craft monsters!

4. Lisa R. says:

YYYAAAAYYY for dressing up!!! You guys both looked adorable. Labrynth is one of the FAVORITEST movies in this house. (it’s a word…today it is!) I would have gone as Muno though. LOL It would suit me. :D I love the steampunk dress up. You guys are too fun. :)

I agree that perfect day yarnz needs to dye up some good stripes. I’m all for the green. :D

I’m going to have to get at least one Dangercraft ornament. Instead of finding a pickle in the tree…they’ll have to find the monster!

5. You too looked absolutely awesome. I bought the Danger Crafts ornaments the day they went up! And hell yeah, Sarah needs to dye more stripey yarn!! I’d do just about anything for a skein of that Frog Legs! I’m so excited to see everyone in just a little over a month! And I need to add that I’m on my 5th freaking CAPCHA trying to leave this comment! ;)

6. qknits (allyson) says:

I’ve been watching for weeks, but just commenting today for the first time. I LOVE your show — I sit and knit with you as if I was there with you. At some point we’ll need to discuss how your conversations are directly contributing to my size of my stash! Yay stripey yarn, go Steelers and bottoms up on the red wine!

7. pikemulherin25 says:

I was watching your show today and my husband asked ” Why does the one now the right talk so much?” : o LOL!!

8. Olivia says:

Love the costumes! You both need to come out and visit Churchmouse Yarn and Teas. It is hands down the best shop in the Seattle area. Not only is it a beautiful store with Socks that Rock and Jared Flood’s yarn but they always have new and interesting yarn and goodies. You can not go into that store without buying something. They also carry Kusmi tea which is out of this world good. The owners and staff are awesome too. Yep, Churchmouse is easily all that and a bag of chips.

9. steph says:

Hey Leslie,
    I do love the froglegs colorway, and stripping yarn in general. You mentioned an after thought heel which is something I would love to learn how to do, like you I MUST have matching socks and struggle to maintain the color repeats through my usual heel flap heel. If you wanted to go into more detail on how to do this magical after thought heel I would love you forever. I’ll probably still love you girls even if you don’t, but I just thought I’d ask. And LaLa the sock book reviews have been excellent! Yes I am a sock knitter in case you can’t tell.
    Thank you for another wonderful Episode!!!

10. Kelly says:

Hey…Know I am leaving this post late, but I am just now getting a chance to catch up on the episodes. I want to say thanks to both of you for “enabling” me with me knitting (ha ha). I have learned alot and have been able to see that there is so much more out there. Also wanted to tell Laura not to worry about how it would look it have the KAL over on your ravelry board (for your sock pattern). I don’t follow on plurk. I don’t have the time or energy to follow to0 many things, so on Theknitgirllls ravlery board is how I follow the 2 of you. (I am one of the few who does not do facebook or twitter or any of those things.) Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing each episodes. (Sorry Laura, but Who Dat!!! Go Saints!!!)