Halfway There!

It is officially the 16th – I’m more than halfway through the “post every day for a month” challenge!

Yesterday’s prompt was:

Tell me about your superpower.

I actually know the answer to this. Assuming I could choose, I would be Trafficlady ™. It sounds so lame, I know, but I would make SO many people’s day. Picture it:

You’re in a hurry to get to work, but someone’s had an accident on the interstate, so it’s backed up for a mile. You patiently wait, merge when needed, and after 30 minutes you’re just about to get past the accident. Suddenly some entitled jerkwad decides to just drive on the shoulder and cut around everyone to jump in front. That’s when I come in and zap vaporize ‘em. Or, you’re trying to find a parking space at your child’s school because it’s your speshul snowflake’s graduation party and your attendance is required by the mom squad, and not only are there no empty spots, there are numerous giant ass SUV’s taking up more than one parking space just because they can. zap, zap!

There are endless possibilities, and I’d be there to manage them all. Being rude & self entitled at the expense of others is not ok!

Aside from daydreaming about smiting traffic offenders, I have actually been knitting! I finished my Norwegian Rose socks on Monday, and I hope to have pictures up by this weekend. They are very snug to get on, but once they’re on, they’re great! I’m pretty happy with how they turned out.

Also, I cast on for Victorine in my PDY Attain the Way! I am making the main “V” netted section slightly smaller than what is called for since I want it to have more stockingette in the center section. Here, for your perusal, is a crappy phone picture:

Now, readers, what would YOUR superpower be, and why?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Halfway There!

1. Lee says:

love the way that shawl is turning out. The “crappy phone” picture isn’t that bad. If I had a super power it would be to change my form to anything I want cus then I could change the shape of my butt to something I find more appealing.

2. Karen says:

Your shawl is lovely. I think the photo is just fine too.
    I would be Kindness Karen. My superpower would be to punish those who are not kind and don’t put others first. Someone not hold the door for you, they’ll get hit in the ass with the door. Someone drop a bit of litter. It will magically appear in their bed. Someone not let you through an intersection even though you had the right of way. All the gas in their tank would suddenly transfer to yours and their car would come to a screeching halt.

3. Constance says:

My superpower would totally be flying. In the meantime, I bike because it’s the next best thing. ;-) Flying doesn’t have stop signs at the bottom of big hills, though, so you don’t have to scrub speed just as you’re getting properly going.

My superpower is totally selfish–and I’m fine with that :-D

4. Marni Schroeder says:

My superpower if I had one would be Green Thumby- I would travel around the planet creating crops to feed the hungry, restoring rain forests, creating new species to help with oil spills :->, causing flowers to bloom and replenishing bamboo for pandas. How about a plant that converts pollution into oxygen!? Not to mention green is my favorite color.

5. Theresa says:

I don’t know what my super power would be but as Trafficlady could you also zap the people who speed up to make it through a yellow light even when they had enough room and time to stop AND the three jerks after them who also sneak through.

Also make people understand there is a difference between yielding to cars turning onto a busy road from a road without a stoplight vs. with a stoplight. Yield to those turning w/ no light. But don’t yield to those turning with a light. They’ll get their green in a minute!

Thanks, you’ll make a super superhero!

Lovin’ that shawl! :D

My superpower would be… the ability to mute children and of course unmute them.