Goal (kinda) achieved!

My (semi) private goal for the longest time has been to spin a 3 ply fingering weight yarn.  Why?  Because I’m competitive, but also because I tend to knit mostly with a fingering weight yarn.  :)

This weekend, I finally met my goal!  I started with 4oz of Magic Stix yarn (no longer in business) in three shades of purple:

I spun each purple shade on it’s own bobbin, and although I had some inconsistencies, I did end up with a 3 ply fingering weight yarn!  It’s 260 yards, which is less than I wanted but still pretty dang good for a first 3 ply out of 4 oz.  Have a gander:

I’m pretty stoked and if it was enough yardage I would totally be winding it to knit right now!!!

This entry was posted in Daily Ramblings, General and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Goal (kinda) achieved!

1. Lynda says:

That’s awfully pretty…I need to aspire to spin that well

2. Stacy Little says:

WOW!! You did amazing!

3. Kate Lathrop says:

beautiful!!

4. Lee says:

I think that is great, now I want to learn how to spin.

5. Awesome awesome job on the spinning!! I’m going to put you right up there with Lynn-from-Denver, who spins 3-ply fingering weight like nobody’s business. Clearly you two belong in your own category!

6. Wow! I am in awe! You need an alternate color for toes and heels and you’re in business! :)

7. Lee says:

Man, that is beautiful! I aspire to spin at all, let alone something so lovely.

8. Magdalena says:

Fabulous spinning and totally Gorgeous color!

9. Rachel says:

Gorgeous job! How long have you been spinning?

10. LoriAngela says:

And here I thought you were going to invite us along on this quest. Well done and awesome. I think you will find a new goal soon.

11. Lisa says:

Hooray!! The color is gorgeous and your spinning looks fantastic. I’m on a 3 ply sock yarn kick myself as well. The only downside is it seems to take forever to spin three bobbins full. But the satisfaction of spinning ones own sock yarn is so worth it.

12. Tammy says:

Wow – that turned out stunning! Good job! :-)

13. Lovely. Lovely. Lovely!

I have a borrowed Ladybug for a few weeks. You can see my first spinning singles on my blog. Someday, when I grow up, I want to spin like you! :-)

14. aprilshowers says:

STOP IT!!!! I do NOT need to pick up spinning but you are making it look so darn tempting!

I know how much you’ve wanted this! Fantastic! And the yarn is gorgeous!